Capital Biosciences project management team works with customers on their study design to ensure the success of the research projects. We create a center of communication between procurement team, pathologists, clinical site coordinators and researcher to provide the highest quality biospecimens.
- Collection protocol development
- IRB submission
- Informed consent form customization
- Sample collection, processing and transportation
- Case report form implementation
- Sample storage
Each clinical site is constantly monitored and managed by our site coordinators that provide regular personnel training, sample collection oversight, supply inventory and specimen logistics.
Specimens can be supplied as individual samples or as various specimen combinations for custom research projects.
- fresh frozen tumor and adjacent normal tissue from the same donor
- FFPE tumor and adjacent normal tissue block from the same donor
- fresh frozen tumor and FFPE tumor tissue block from the same donor
- fresh frozen or FFPE tumor tissue specimens and metastatic samples from the same donor
- matching fresh frozen tissue set and FFPE tumor/adjacent normal tissue set form the same donor
- fresh frozen or FFPE tissue samples with biofluids collected from the same donor
Retrospective/Archival samples - FFPE blocks collected and stored at all major clinical sites and our repository. Treatment information and clinical outcome can be provided for up to 10 years since the date of collection and matching recurrent /metastatic tumor FFPE block can be provided upon request.
Prospective sample collection – Fresh frozen tissue, FFPE blocks, matching biofluids and other specimen formats can be procured according to Capital Biosciences standard collection protocols or custom developed protocols. Treatment and follow-up information can be provided for majority of prospectively collected samples.
Formalin Fixed Paraffin Embedded (FFPE) tissue block is prepared by tissue fixed n 10% neutral-buffered formalin and embedded in IHC-grade paraffin wax. Standard tissue size is 1x1x0.5 cm, but it can vary depending on the nature of the disease and tissue type. The fixation agent and the embedding media could be customized upon request. FFPE blocks are collected under Capital Biosciences Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Fresh frozen tissue samples collected by certified medical pathologists are snap-frozen in liquid nitrogen within 30 minutes of surgical excision. Sample can be collected into OCT embedding media upon request. Standard sample weight is 0.5 - 1 gram. Fresh frozen tissue samples are collected under Capital Biosciences Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Capital Biosciences provides various biological fluids under standard collection protocols or for custom procurement projects with modified protocols.
CBI can supply up to 15 ml of whole blood from one donor. Standard Blood samples are collected into 4-8 ml K2 EDTA tube (anti-coagulation agent can be changed upon request).
Bone Marrow is from patients with hematological malignancies. Standard sample is collected as 0.5-1 ml snap-frozen aspirate. Bone marrow smear on a glass microscopic slide can be provided upon request.
Serum, Plasma, Urine, Saliva, Synovial and Cerebrospinal fluid
- Subcellular fractions from whole blood and bone marrow aspirate can be prepared upon request.
- Peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) can be supplied as viable and snap-frozen samples.
- Bone marrow mononuclear cells (BMMC) can be prepared as viable and frozen samples.
- Cell fraction samples are collected into standard cryovials under Capital Biosciences
- RNA and DNA (Available upon request)
- Primary Cell Lines and viable tumor pieces (Available upon request)
- Fresh Biospecimens Collection (Available upon request)